Important payroll software program features
The most important features that a payroll program needs to have are very similar to what you were doing manually for payroll before getting the software. Payroll software just automates everything for you.
A good payroll program should be able to:
- Collect information about employee hours worked,
- Compute employee federal and state tax information
- Aide in printing out company checks
- Deposit funds to employee accounts, and
- Provide W-2 forms at the end of the year.
- Keep track of employee pay information such as working hours, sick pay, vacation days and/or savings plan information
- Update as needed with changes to your local business tax structure