What are the system requirements?
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit versions of each operating system)
- At least a Pentium 1 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM
- VGA or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
- Minimum 200 MB Hard Drive space to install*
- Microsoft’s .Net Framework 4. This may be installed on your computer if all updates are current.
- Microsoft’s MDAC component. This may be installed on your computer if all updates are current.
- Laser or ink-jet printer to use some of the program capabilities; such as generation of various tax forms and MICR checks**.
Does PenSoft Payroll require that I have Internet access?
- Not to use PenSoft Payroll. Internet access is required if you choose to download the software and/or order products online. Without internet access you would need to order the software and pay the shipping costs for the initial annual software and quarterly updates.
Can I move my PenSoft Payroll from Mac to Window and vice versa?
- PenSoft does not support Mac installations, but if the Mac user has a Windows emulator it may work.
How do I get updates and patches for your Payroll software and how often?
- PenSoft Payroll is updated at minimum quarterly – normally in the 3rd week of the last month of each quarter to ensure the latest tax code is updated for quarterly reports.
- There are three shipping options:
- Download only option ($0.00 shipping cost) requires you to have internet access and to download the initial annual product and the quarterly updates.
- Initial CD and download quarterly updates option ($29.00 shipping cost) includes shipping the initial annual CD to you and requires you to have internet access to download the quarterly updates.
- CD only option ($69.00 shipping cost) includes shipping the initial annual CD and all quarterly update CDs to the you