There is an update to Tax Cuts & Jobs Act. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released the 2018 Form W-4, Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate, on February 27, 2018.
- 2018 Publication 15A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide
- 2018 Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 941, Schedule R, Allocation Schedule for Aggregate Form 941
The new W-4 is four pages as compared to the previous two pages of the 2017 form.
What’s the Same?
- The personal allowances worksheet
- How employees may apply credit for dependents has been retained
- Same number of lines and entries are included on the portion that is to be separated and filed with employers
- Worksheet modified to reflect changes under the new tax code