Does PenSoft Payroll handle both salaried and hourly employees? What about overtime?
- Many income types including salary, hourly and overtime (both time and a half and double time) are preconfigured in the software. Additionally you can add user defined income types.
Is there a limit on the number of employees that I can pay using PenSoft Payroll?
- The software is available in 6 Editions. Each Edition is limited to a specific number of employees in a single company (some Editions allow multiple companies). For example, the Lite Edition only allows one company with a maximum 25 employees whereas the Platinum Edition allows multiple companies with an unlimited number of employees.
What types of pay frequencies are available?
- Daily, Weekly, Biweekly, Semimonthly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semiannually are predefined.
H. Do all employees have to be paid on the same pay frequency?
- Payroll frequency is set in the employee record. It is not uncommon for hourly employees to be paid on one frequency and management on another.
Can I pay vacation, paid time off (PTO) and/or sick time using Payroll?
- PenSoft Payroll has predefined income types of vacation, sick, and personal time. You can define additional pay types as needed.
Can I import hours from a time clock system?
- Yes, PenSoft Payroll Standard Edition and higher includes a number of time clock and time and attendance imports.
Can PenSoft Payroll handle medical and dental insurance?
- Many types of deductions for each employee are available and are employee specific.
Does Pensoft Payroll handle retirement plans such as a 401(k)?
- Yes, it properly calculates the taxability of 401(k), 403(b), 457(b), SIMPLE IRA, SARSEP, and SIMPLE 401(k) retirement plans.
Does Pensoft Payroll handle mileage reimbursements?
- Non-taxed reimbursements including mileage is an income type in the software.
Can I use your Payroll software to pay commissions or piecework?
- Commissions and piecework, along with tips, bonus and third party sick pay, are included in the predefined income list and are selected at the employee level.
I allocate my payroll to departments. Can PenSoft handle this?
- Departmental payroll is available with the Professional Edition and all higher Editions.
Am I charged extra because of the number of employees I have?
- Each PenSoft Payroll Edition has pricing based on employee levels and a maximum number of employees. The employee levels (except the Lite Edition with a maximum of 25) are 1-50, 51-100, 101-250, 250-500 and over 500.